Any new school looking to start a team for the 2012-2013 school year MUST notify the State Board secretary by the June 2012 State Board meeting and have all required endorsements by the September 2012 State Board meeting to compete in the Winter/Spring 2013 season.
If you are interested in starting a team for the 2012-2013 school year, here's what you need to do:
- Download and read through the NHHSET Rulebook.
- Find an adult at school to be the team’s advisor. Review the team advisor job description in the NHHSET Rulebook and read through the Advisor & Coach Handbook.
- Check with your school Administrator and Athletic Director to see if the school will support an equestrian team.
- Obtain the signature of your Administrator stating that your team can use your school's name. This may require a presentation to your local School Board.
- Contact your district chair and ask to attend the next district meeting.
- Notify the State Board secretary by June 2012 of your school's intent to participate in the upcoming NHHSET season.
- Obtain and submit all required endorsements to NHHSET by the September 2012 State Board meeting to compete in the Winter/Spring 2013 season.